The Children’s Center is currently open and is operating normally until State officials decide otherwise and the Center closes temporarily **. Health officials are currently taking steps to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 into US communities. To find out more about the virus, please visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/. Schools and Childcare centers play an important role in this effort. The Children’s Center is also taking the Corona Virus outbreak seriously and we are taking all possible precautions to keep our children and our staff safe.
As you all know, besides coughing & sneezing, close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands contribute towards the spread of the virus. In order to keep all germs to a minimum, The Children’s Center has decided to limit parent’s access to the classrooms. Parents are to drop off and pick up in the lobby area. Staff will escort the children to their classroom/s. Our other option for drop off is at the door until 9:30 am. The staff will escort them in. Please refrain from sitting in your vehicle while the child is being dropped off. To avoid disruption to the classroom, please make sure your child is here before 9:30 am. Only children with prior consent will be allowed in after 9:30 am.
Other measures/precautionary steps include:
- Advising parents to keep their sick child at home. A doctor’s note will be required for return
- Omitting any child that has cold and/or flu like symptoms. If any such symptoms occur after arrival, parents must arrange to pick up the sick child immediately after notification. Other symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Clean and disinfect our bathrooms, common areas, doorknobs etc. at least twice daily
- Disinfect toys daily
- Increase child’s hand washing throughout the day and ensure children use proper handwashing techniques
- Frequent hand sanitizing
- Enforce children to cover their mouth.
** Please refer to the Parent’s Handbook (also on our website) regarding tuition payments based on enrollment and not on attendance.
Management & Staff